Monday, December 9, 2013

Taking Time Out to Thank God.

It all started December 4, I hurried to get my hair and nails done for the christmas party, at church sunday. I looked around me and everyone was in a hurry, too. As I got ready to go the temperature dropped. This is what I woke up to on thursday.

We turned on the television, only to hear that some had lost power-no heat, lights, etc. I started to pray and thank God for all I had. I still had lights, heat, etc.  St. Schlastica Retreat Center could probably take in quite a few families if need be. Then I started to notice; no one was complaining. No one I talked to, no one on television. Those who believed probably prayed for those who didn't believe, as well as for themselves. All of a sudden I started to see God grace. My friend has a tree branch come through her roof.  She never complained. She likes to write her prayers out, and that is what she spent the day doing.  Another lady lived about 45 miles away.  Just about the whole town had lost power. When she called back she was sad, but she never complained.
My Grandmother use to say children should be trained in the way they should go. She believed that if they strayed, they would return. All the people i'm talking about, never once complained. Whether they lost hours at work or had to do doubles; never complained. They all called on Jesus. I was stuck in the house for 4 days. I had plenty of time to reflect. What God showed me was in times like this, people find him and they are able to put their feelings aside and find each other. Thank Jesus for once again another insight. Now, the weatherman said we would get more snow tonight. I can't help but wonder what God is going to show me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment