Saturday, December 28, 2013

Jesus Paid It All

 Isaiah 53:5

But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being {fell} upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. (NASV)

When I started this blog, my first thought for a title was, In My Silent Retreat. As time went on I discovered that, although, a lot of things take place in a silent retreat with Jesus; if he had not done what he did on the cross I would not be doing what I'm doing. At first I used the image, Jesus Paid it All, but it never occurred to me that it would be the title of my blog.

Last Easter I spent a lot of time thinking about Jesus carrying the cross, and what kind of love that must be. The only thing that keeps coming to mind is a soldier, fighting a war for his country. Then God gave it to me. We are all soldiers: fighting for our souls. God gives us a freedom, and when we turn to him Satan is always trying us. At first I didn't know how to fight. I was a baby christian. It came to me, Jesus already paid. I just need to hang out with him. 

This last month I celebrated his birthday early. Everyday I posted something concerning Mary. From her visitation with the angle Gabriel to the birth of Jesus.  I learned something from Mary. Patience is important when giving birth to something. Regardless of what people say about you, stay loyal to God. Mary knew she was giving birth to the one who would one day walk mankind through all obstacles.  So when I'm giving birth to something I hang out with the one who paid it all. He gets me through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment